One of the five decrees that gave the plenipotentiaries the power signed by Éamon de Valera is on permanent display at the Little Museum of Dublin. [Citation required] The agreement was signed in London on 6 December 1921 by representatives of the British government (including Prime Minister David Lloyd George, head of the British delegates) and representatives of the Irish Republic, including Michael Collins and Arthur Griffith. Irish representatives had the status of agent (negotiators empowered to sign a contract without referral to their superiors) acting on behalf of the Irish Republic, although the British Government refused to recognise this status. As required by the terms, the agreement was approved by “an assembly” of members elected for the Southern Irish House of Commons and [separately] by the British Parliament. From 14 to 17.